Translate

Sunday 29 June 2014

Watermelon Nails!



I've been drinking... Watermelon!


I've been embracing the colours I purchased recently and I've created a pretty watermelon look for my nails. All the colours and polished I used are shown in the picture above. They're mainly from Primark or the local drugstore and are all pretty inexpensive. 

I wish I was better at this blogging milarke, I haven't been able to show the step by step tutorial AGAIN because my camera is so heavy and I'm not the best at doing nails so it would have been disastrous. So, I'll type the steps instead! This is a lovely summery look and I have gotten a lot of compliments on them already!

Make sure to give each step time to dry before trying the next one! There's a lot of colour going over base coats and it'll just smudge if it's still wet! :) 

Steps:

I firstly used the pink colour and painted my nails up to the JUST before the tips (with two coats for everything because my polishes are cheap). 

I then used the light apple green and painted straight across the tips.

Then, I took a light pink (you can use white or any light colour really, I just used what I had lying around) and with a tooth pick I drew a line in between the darker pink and the green to create a more gradient effect. 

I then used a separate toothpick and dipped it into my black nail varnish and dotted a lot of pips on to each nail. You can do lots too or just 3 or 4 would be cute too, it depends on what you like. 

Then, dun dun dun, another toothpick was used to draw the thin dark green lines over the light green tips to give the impression of the watermelon outer (skin?) bit. 

I then took a clear glitter nail polish and used it over the tips of the nails to make them stand out a little more and create a super girly effect.

Finally, I used a clear coat to seal it all together and make sure that the watermelon nails last longer!


I did this look for four of my nails on each hand and then chose to have one nail entirely apple green with dark green stripes (and glitter!) to give a little bit of variety and edge to the look. You can pick any of your nails to be the green one, the thumb would be nice too. If you don't want to do that you can just have all of the nails the same, it's up to you. There's a lot of variety with your own nails!

Make sure not to rush this or it could end up smudging or going wrong! Do it when you have a little bit of free time set aside.

This took me 25 minutes (I watched Tangled and painted my nails which was a fun multi-tasking experience). 

If you like this look or have any suggestions for my next nail design then let me know in the comments!
Much love, I hope you have a really lovely day!

-Tessatata xoxo














No comments:

Post a Comment